A chatbot is an artificially intelligent (AI) program that can mimic a real chat conversation (or even a chat session) in human language through various communication tools, chat apps, websites, online chat or via the phone. It is similar to the computer software you can use in email to write or receive emails. The chatbot may be able to chat like a real user and reply to messages or make requests of the users similar to how you would do it in real life. But it is much more than that, it can do all sorts of other things using the chatbot environment such as:
* Creating/Speak/Query questions based on context – The contextual chatbot can understand and respond to general inquiries like; What are the latest trends? How about location? * What’s your name? * How do you pronounce that? The contextual chatbot can easily identify these questions based on the current conversation and context and will try to give the best answer according to the current conversation.
* Create or receive sales pitches – You can create automated sales pitches using the chatbot marketing software. This allows the chatbot marketing software to respond to what customers are asking and looking for. It allows the marketing team to make the pitch without having to go out and do the initial market research. They can also respond to a customer inquiry within minutes and create a personalized sales pitch, something that is unique to only their company. It also makes the marketing team more efficient and cost-effective because they do not have to spend time on research and follow-up calls to generate sales.
* Provide assistance for customers – The chatbot marketing software can provide assistance to customers who are having problems. This includes finding the right product and ensuring that they are able to purchase it. It can help with sales and service inquiries as well. In addition, it can help in other aspects of customer service. From providing live chat support to customers in need of help, to posting product updates and blog posts on relevant blogs, the chatbot marketing software can help customers in ways they might not have thought of before.
* Build up an efficient Customer Service Team – Using conversational chatbots to take calls and handle emails helps the customer service team to be more efficient. For instance, using an email bot to send out product announcements and invitations can help increase efficiency because it can be automatically answered by the chatbot and no one is required to actually physically go out and answer the phone. In addition, chatbot marketing software can be programmed to send out surveys and questionnaires either automatically or as soon as a customer registers with the company. This means that the chatbot platform can help build up a database of customer information and then use this database to create targeted surveys.
* Increase Product Knowledge – Using chat bots to answer customer questions and build up a base of knowledge for the company is another way that chat bots can be beneficial. It also makes it easier for customers to interact with the company over chat, as they do not have to go into chat just to ask a question. The chatbot can use its software to translate what the customer is saying and provide an answer, based on the provided translation. This can improve customer retention and enhance the understanding of products.
* Effective Native Ads – The way that chat bots are trained to respond to certain ads could potentially be used on a broader scale than advertising in other formats. One example is that it can be programmed to respond to direct queries in a natural language. This could allow companies to advertise on the social media platforms, as well as on search queries. Since chat Bots are trained on natural language interaction, the end user will not only receive useful responses, but will also provide feedback to developers. This may prove to be a highly effective and lucrative method for advertisers.
* Build Customer Reputation – Because chat bots are trained on direct interactions with customers, they are often more efficient at finding out if the customer needs to be entertained or informed further. Since chatbot technology allows companies to collect data needed to respond to customer inquiries, it gives them the data they need to determine if a customer needs to be invited to a phone call, or to proceed with more detailed data collection. If they see that a chatbot has been properly trained to do these things, then a company does not need to spend a lot of time or money on trying to figure out if a customer is happy with the product or services provided. The chatbot can make the determination for companies by gathering data needed to answer a customer inquiry.